The Group's core business is the development of property for sale and investment. It also has complementary operations in related fields:
- Property management
- Insurance and mortgage services
The Group also has investments in:
- Information technology
- Infrastructure and other businesses
These are low risk investments that provide recurrent income over the long term.
Land Bank and Property Portfolio
The Group is one of Hong Kong's largest landowners with a land bank of 46.6 million square feet (attributable gross floor area) as at June 2013, including:
- 18.0 million square feet under development
- 28.6 million square feet of completed investment properties
- Over 27 million square feet of farmland (site area) in the New Territories, most in various stages of land use conversion, principally for residential development
The Group is committed to prudent financial policies, maintaining high liquidity and low gearing. The overwhelming majority of the Group’s financing is in Hong Kong dollars, which carry very little foreign exchange risk, and the Group earned high credit ratings from the following noted credit rating agencies.
- 'A+' from Standard & Poor's
- 'A1' from Moody's
The Group firmly believes that customers come first and it always listens to them through various channels to deliver the best service.
- SHKP Club - The Group established the SHKP Club to enhance customer service and two-way communication. It currently has nearly 320,000 members.